This weekend my main job is to celebrate my fantabulous friend’s birthday. Please forgive the lack of enthusiasm…
- Palo is at The Joint. Feel like venturing to Kendall for some Latin Flava? No cover and yummy food available.
- Araka and Kolabo at Jazid. Two bands for the same usual $10 price at Jazid. Well wishes with parking!
- Manu Chao at Bayfront Park. Okay this one is actually like $40 or so, and you have to get them at livenation. But it’s freakin’ Manu Chao!! Okay, maybe I should elaborate a bit… Manu Chao is a French singer by way of Spain. Most of the music that I’ve heard from him is in Spanish but he sings in an array of languages (including French, Italian, and Arabic). His music is actually about a million subjects, he touches immigration issues, love, drugs, etc. The song that everyone knows from him is “Me Gustas Tu.” Enough of that, just go if you feel like listening to something new…
- Arboles Libres at The Vagabond. You can probably just mozy over here after Manu Chao and if you bring your ticket the entry is free! (This is not a good option if you feel like dancing…)
Artwalk this Sat, so there will be lots of commotion in Wynwood. To be honest Artwalks have been quickly crashing into crappyness, so don’t feel obliged to go.
- Spam All Stars at Jazid. Just go, I have a password for tonight, so you know it’ll be ballin’ (trying that one out, how does it feel? pretty shitty, okay I’ll stop). “Cold Shot” to get in free before midnight. Sending good parking vibes…
- Elastic Bond at Van Dyke’s. I saw them last week and they blew me away, you seriously have to see this band, because they rock!
- ArtOfficial at Eletric Pickle. I’m guessing it’ll be a $10 cover and there will be hipsters. Don’t be annoyed, the band is awesome an hipsters deserve good music too!
- Psychic Mirrors, which a huge (as far as band members goes) funk band is playing at Bardot. $10 cover but if you feel like boogyin’ to funky music, it’s a good bet!
- Xperimento at Bougie's. Always free, always homey, I love the venue and the band is unspeakably good… Cumbia!
Weekend breakdown done!